The ebXML Asia Committee, jointly initiated by KIEC (Korea Institute for Electronic Commerce), ECOM (Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan), and TCA (Taipei Computer Association), is the congregation of EC/EB experts with the mandate to spread ebXML in the Asian region. The Terms of Reference provides guidelines for the activities and organizational matters of the Committee. The work items of the committee shall be developed in accordance with the Terms of Reference.
The name of the organization is ebXML Asia Committee
2. Goal, Mission and Scope of the Committee
The goal of the ebXML Asia Committee is to promote ebXML implementation for facilitating e-business in Asian Region, in order to enable a global electronic marketplace where enterprises of any size and in any geographical location can meet and conduct business with each other through the exchange of XML based messages.
The Mission of the ebXML Asia Committee is:
- To contribute to the project teams of the ebXML Initiative and the successors to the initiative, so that the commercial rules/cultures and the languages of Asian region can be reflected on the ebXML specifications;
- To establish the bridgehead for promoting ebXML implementation in Asia; and
- To represent the Asian region for development/maintenance of ebXML specifications in accordance with the ebXML specification management procedures.
The scope of the ebXML Asia Committee is to address and realize the above mentioned goal and mission in the Asian region.
The ebXML Asia Committee has a chair, a vice-chair and a secretariat.
The chairperson is elected from the member organizations of the ebXML Asia Committee after the voting within the member organizations of the ebXML Asia Committee. The chairperson will serve one year term. The chairperson can be reelected.
The duties of the chair are as follows.
- Call to order and preside over meetings
- Create and disband Task Teams
- Assign duties as necessary
- Communicate the official position to AFACT , UN/CEFACT Forum, OASIS and related standard bodies
- Prepare meeting agendas
The vice chairperson is elected from the member organizations of the ebXML Asia Committee after the voting within the member organizations of the ebXML Asia Committee. The vice chairperson will serve one year term. The vice chairperson can be reelected.
The duties of the vice chair are as follows.
- Preside at the meeting in the absence of the Chair
- Assume duties of the Chair in the event of resignation
- Communicate the official position to AFACT , UN/CEFACT Forum, OASIS and related standard bodies in the absence of the Chair.
- Assist the Chair in preparing meeting agenda
4. Status of the Committee
The secretariat organization is nominated within the member organizations of the ebXML Asia Committee. The secretariat organization will serve a two-year term. The secretariat organization can be re-nominated.
The duties of the secretariat are as follows.
- Maintain the current ebXML Asia Committee roster
- Maintain ebXML Asia Committee records and correspondence
- Maintain written requests for membership
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair
The ebXML Asia Committee is a non-governmental and non-profit organization and independent from any other organizations.
5. Participation and Membership
The participants shall comprise 3 categories, the representatives of the member organizations, the liaisons from the recognized organizations and the observers.
It is open to any organizations that are interested in ebXML implementation in the Asian region.
Annex 1 specifies the rules for the membership.
6. Meeting Facilitation
Hosting organization provides meeting facilities and services including the following.
7. Frequency of the Meeting
- Notify members of the meeting information
- Prepare the materials for the meeting
- Record and distribute the official meeting minutes
The meeting shall be held at least twice a year.
For the meeting to be designated as an official ebXML Asia committee meeting, a minimum of 5 members must be present
Membership in the ebXML Asia Committee requires commitment to attend and participate in the work of the committee. Any organizations wishing to join the ebXML Asia Committee must submit an application for membership in writing to the Secretariat who shall circulate it to the Steering Committee members for consideration and approval in accordance with these terms of reference, as well as to all members for consultation. If approved, the Steering Committee shall report to the subsequent ebXML Asia Committee meeting on the approval of the application. To maintain member status, the member organization must attend at least one ebXML Asia Committee meeting per annum. Failure to attend at least one Asia Committee meeting per annum results in forfeiture of membership.
Any organizations wishing to send a liaison to the ebXML Asia Committee must submit an application for liaison status in writing to the Secretariat who shall circulate it to the Steering Committee members for consideration and approval, as well as to all members for consultation. If approved, the Steering Committee shall report to the subsequent ebXML Asia Committee meeting on the approval of the application.
The liaison has no rights to vote.
Observers (guests) are welcome to attend any ebXML Asia Committee meeting, and are encouraged to participate in discussions. However, observers are not considered to be members and therefore will not be entitled to vote.
The objective within ebXML Asia Committee is to achieve a consistent consensus in all matters. In case of doubt concerning consensus, then, and only then, shall a vote be taken in an official ebXML Asia Committee meeting. The chair declares consensus, but if any member feels that a consensus has not been reached, he or she may request to call for a vote. These ballots require a simple majority of the membership present at an official meeting at the time of the vote. The chair is not eligible to vote.ĦĦThe use of proxies shall not be permitted.
The ebXML Asia Committee shall be managed by the Steering Committee.
The composition of the Steering Committee shall be as follows:
Where required, the Steering Committee shall be empowered to take
decisions on behalf of the ebXML Asia Committee between the meetings.
In such cases, every effort shall be made to consult with all
- Chair of the ebXML Asia Committee
- Vice-Chair of the ebXML Asia Committee
- Secretariat of the ebXML Asia Committee
- Representative of the hosting organization of the latest
- Representative of the hosting organization of the next meeting
- Chairs of the task groups of the ebXML Asia Committee
- Vice-Chairs of the task groups of the ebXML Asia Committee
- Secretariats of the task groups of the ebXML Asia Committee
Steering Committee decisions shall be made by consensus.
The Steering Committee shall have at least one physical or virtual meeting between each ebXML Asia Committee meeting.
Copyright(c) 2002 - 2018, ebXML asia committee & kiec.or.kr All rights reserved.
Mail to : webmaster